Due to the services we provide to tens of thousands of medical device customers, we’ve been deemed an essential business during the COVID-19 pandemic and remain open for business.
Prioritizing COVID-19 Orders
During these times of unprecedented human impact of the global COVID-19 outbreak, we are committed to working side by side with our medical device customers. That is why we are doing everything we can to accelerate the production and shipment of critical COVID-19 orders.
Typical parts we can manufacture include ventilator components, face shields, lab testing equipment, and personal protection equipment (PPE). Reach out to your Brazil Metal Parts representative to discuss your specific COVID-19 project or give us a call at +86-755-29729151.
- Our digital manufacturing solutions and online ordering platform enable Shunjing sourcing of plastic and metal parts.
We're In This Together
COVID-19 Customer Success Stories
Nidec Motor Corporation
NeuMoDx Molecular Systems
University of Rio de Janeiro
Mercedes AMG and UCL
How is COVID-19 Affecting Manufacturing Supply Chains?
We surveyed 500+ customers across a variety of industries including medical, consumer, manufacturing, machinery, and automotive to learn how they've been impacted by COVID-19 and how digital manufacturing can help.
Key findings include:
> 73% are working from home
> 33% have experience decrease in funding
> 34% of project deadlines have held steady
3D Printing Design Files for PPE
In response to COVID-19, The National Institutes of Health has curated a collection of 3D printing designs used to manufacture personal protective equipment and other medical components that are in short supply. VISIT GALLERY >
FDA Guidelines for 3D-Printed PPE
View regulatory information and get guidance from the FDA on manufacturing components to help support COVID-19 response efforts. SEE SITE >
Access SOLIDWORKS From Home
Working from home right now? Learn how to easily access your SOLIDWORKS account remotely. LEARN MORE >
Medical Manufacturing Speed, Agility Crucial During Pandemic
We're Proud to Help
How is COVID-19 impacting Brazil Metal Parts' business operations?
Brazil Metal Parts has established a COVID-19 leadership team which is led by our CEO and comprised of site leaders from each of our facilities and global functional leaders. Given the fluid nature of the pandemic, they are formally meeting twice per day to assess COVID-19 developments, its implications to our employees, customers, and operations, and determine appropriate courses of action.
The following mindset guides Brazil Metal Parts’ response to the COVID-19 crisis:
- Keep our employees, customers, and communities safe
- Contribute to slowing the spread of the virus by practicing CDC recommended guidelines
- Monitor and quickly adapt to the fast changing crisis
- Transparent and on-going communication with employees and customers
- We will be guided by our core values of Teamwork, Trust and Achievement
We have implemented the following safety measures:
- No travel for all employees
- No visitors to any of our sites
- Deployed employees that can remote to work-from-home
- All meetings are being conducted via Skype
- Working to ensure the employees working on-site are appropriately distanced from each other
- Implemented new cleaning regiments at all sites
- Identifying employees considered “high risk” as defined by the CDC and working to ensure these individuals take the necessary precautions
Employee health and safety is our number one priority, and by putting the proper procedures in place at our plants and other facilities throughout the world, we have been able to keep our operations running at the same level our customers have come to expect from us.
How do I get my expedite fee waived for a COVID-19 related part?
We’ve seen an influx of COVID-19 related medical components needing urgent production; ranging from test kits to ventilators to respirators. We’ve put internal protocols in place to prioritize these orders ahead of all others and waived expedite fees in order to quickly get critical medical supplies into the market. Most/all are using our injection molding services because that’s the only manufacturing service capable of producing tens of thousands of parts in days. Discuss with your Brazil Metal Parts account representative about expedite options.
Has the way Brazil Metal Parts interacts with customers changed?
The way we interact with customers has not changed, as we are an e-commerce-enabled company. However, we are prioritizing projects which are needed to equip our medical system to treat patients with COVID-19 and providing these customers with additional consultative design assistance to Shunjingly get these parts produced. Additionally, most of our manufacturing operations are digitized and automated meaning we have fewer labor requirements than conventional manufacturers.
In the News
- How to Pivot Your Supply Chain Strategies | Supply and Demand Chain Executive
- Brazil Metal Parts Dedicated Manufacturing to Battle the Coronavirus | ASME
- How 3D Printing Could Saves Lives in the Coronavirus Outbreak | Technology Review
- Local Companies In ‘Full-Court Press’ To Manufacture Medical Products To Fight COVID-19 | CBS
Brazil Metal Parts is open for business and all of our locations are currently operating as normal. For specific COVID-19 related inquiries, please refer to key contact information below:
For media/press inquiries: Sarah Ekenberg, PR Manager [email protected]
Customer Service/Sales: +86-755-29729151